What We Are
The Bharat Sevashram Sangha is a spiritual brotherhood of monks and selfless workers devoted to the service of human irrespective of religion, caste, creed, sex, domicile or any other such consideration. It was founded in 1917 by the illustrious patriot saint Acharya Srimat Swami Pranavanandaji Maharaj. It is purely a philanthropic and charitable organization with non-sectarian, secular and non-political character and outlook.
The aims and objectives of Sangha
- Help the distressed, the invalid, the infirm, the afflicted and the suffering humanity in general with particular emphasis on people belonging to backward, outcaste and downtrodden communities,
- Stand by the victims in the wake of natural calamities,
- Provide medical and educational facilities,
- Preach, propagate and foster the cultural and spiritual heritage of India and
- Promote the feeling of fraternity, unity, religious and social goodwill and peaceful co-existence .
Swami Pranavanandaji, Guru Maharaj as we fondly call him, perceived that the golden way to serve humanity is to bring about social, economic, cultural and, of course, moral uplift of the people at large with particular emphasis on underprivileged masses and thus to give them the right platform to develop their existing conditions. From its modest start the organization, is now serving thousands of people daily on the ideology of its noble founder by running a good number of popular educational institutes including college, well-equipped health-care facilities, vocational training canter, dharmashalas, youth hostels and so many other socio-cultural and philanthropic projects is now acclaimed as a premier institution of its kind, with 100 branches and 550 sub-units across the country. 23 overseas branches of the Sangha propagate rich heritage of Indian culture and philosophy.